Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Parent Reflection

I'm very proud of Melissa and how she's progressed over the past couple of months. We raised her to be the brightest student she could possibly be. Just by looking at her portfolio made me realize how much effort she actually puts into her work. Her blog was very creative and it gave me a very clear understanding of what it takes to be a part of the Menemac program. I'm very amazed at how she uses her full potential to rise above her standards and it really shows in her portfolio. I've seen her work on this for hours till really late at night trying to make it as creative as possible, but at the same time, adding in her experiences and work.

Q&A.

- Do you think I've met the General Learner Outcomes?
I feel that you have because just by looking at how the portfolio turned out, it seems to me you've really put your hard work into it. And not only that, you're always asking us to take you to places to film for an assignment and that shows us how much you're dedicated to being in the program and to top that off, still be getting good grades.

- What GLO do you think was the best?
I felt that your GLO for Self Directed Learner was the most interesting to look at. And aside from that, you really came across your point. I feel that it's good to work with a group, but doing things individually with quality work is a good way to show how important independence is in the Menemac program. Although at the same time, it is important to work with other effectively.

- Do you think they should keep the GLO standards?
I think that they should because this is a good way for the students to keep on track and this is like a rubric for them to follow in order for them to meet the standards of what it takes to be a student in Menemac.

-Macrina Ponce (Mother)

No comments:

Post a Comment