Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Angry Letter Draft

Dear AT&T,
I have been a satisfied AT&T user for the past year or so. I very much like the quality in your phones and the reasonable prices that vary on how outdated or new they are. 
However, I have had some problems regarding the service you give to help out the customers. There was one point where my Blackberry Bold’s trackpad stopped working and it became difficult for me to get anywhere on my phone. All I really could do was text and call, but even that was difficult to work around because of the constant clicking of different numbers and letters. So I called customer service who told me that I needed to update my software. They led me to a website in order to download Blackberry Desktop Software onto my laptop. After doing that, they told me to connect my phone using the USB onto my laptop and using the computer, I needed to get rid of all my files, but they reassured me that I will be able to get all my files back after troubleshooting. After hours of troubleshooting, waiting, and downloading, my trackpad still didn’t work. So my mom asked them if they could just replace my phone with a new one because we still had warranty on it. However, AT&T services said that they can only give me a used phone, not of the same brand and they stated that I needed to pay about 100 dollars for insurance. 


In addition, I decided to just go to the AT&T where I bought my phone. They basically told me that they couldn’t do much just because my contract hasn’t expired yet. So they led me back to customer service so that they’ll be able to trouble shoot the problem with my phone. My mom and I clearly mentioned our experience and how it didn’t help at all. All AT&T did was give us a number to call to try it again. My mom and I didn’t want to go through the same downloading and waiting again, so we decided to not do anything further because we weren’t gaining the assistance we really needed. 


Despite all of that, I appreciated the way they helped me as best as they could, even though it wasn’t as easy doing it through the phone. They were very patient with me and even though it’s their job, they didn’t get frustrated with how many questions I was asking. 


I have nothing against AT&T but I do feel that in case a situation like this comes up again from a different person, they should state their policies a lot more clearly and explain the difference between warranty and insurance; basically giving a lot more accurate information so there’s no confusion. 


Sincerely, 








Melissa Ponce  

3 comments:

  1. hey mel! Your angry letter is organized well. You also have enough stories as in the bad experiences you've had with AT&T. The way you are speaking throughout the letter is kept very professional which the company could appreciate. One thing you could do is putting any dates if you remember, when exactly you called them or the month it was at the time. other than that, Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mel,
    .
    Your pro and cons are organized in a way where I feel that
    It is separated nicely, and not all over the place
    .what you could do to improve your essay is maybe
    express your frustrations. You could add in about how you
    Felt when they didn't want to replace your phone .

    Sierra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mel,
    Your letter was pretty clear and it sounds as if you have a valid complaint with ATT.
    For your revision, explain the difference between warranty and insurance. I would also still request a new phone. If your phone was defective, the company should replace it. I would think insurance would be for problems over and above a defective phone.
    Also, I would put the cons (the part about the reps being patient, etc) before the pros. If not, it sounds as if you are giving up on your angry letter.
    And, like Tati says, include specific dates.
    mrs s

    ReplyDelete