Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Writing Standards Portfolio

To end the semester, we needed to make a portfolio on 5 six traits of writing that we learned so far out of the 6. In this portfolio, I reflected on what I've learned this semester and how I improved to better my writing and be more efficient in all the traits. (Please see my website to view my whole portfolio/conclusion.

WEBSITE: http://www.wix.com/melisponce/melsportfolio

To my parents: Please answer the following questions as a comment.

1) What piece of writing did you like best in my portfolio? Why?
2) Do you feel that I've improved as a writer? Explain.
3) Which trait did you feel that I need more work on?
4) Which trait did you feel that I was the most successful on?

1 comment:

  1. 1) I actually liked the Coming of Age essay because I feel that Melissa really put a lot of thought and effort into it, especially since it was a very personal experience for her.
    2) Yes, she has improved a lot compared to freshman year based on what she has done with this portfolio and I'm so impressed and proud.
    3) I feel that she needs to work on Sentence Fluency the most. I see that she is still a little bit iffy about it and I understand because she did state in her portfolio that it's something knew to her but I know she can get it.
    4) I feel that the trait Voice was the most successful because when reading her essays, I can feel the same emotion as she did at the time and it's amazing how she just makes it flow along with what she says.

    ReplyDelete